I know things have been a bit quiet on the blog. On the contrary, things behind the scenes of Sophan Theam Photography have been extremely and humbly busy. Here are a few things I have been up to lately… and also, if you read all the way to the end, there may be something that might interest you!
1. 150 student portraits and staff members had their photographs taken for the yearbook. That’s 150 little smiles I had to create! It was a success and I can’t believe I had that in me. When my son’s school contacted me regarding this opportunity, as a first time mom, I simply couldn’t refuse. (Can you spot my son in the image above?)
2. At least once or twice a week (in addition to my own bookings), I have been photographing for Tide the Knot Weddings. It’s been a while since I first started shooting for them and now they have started to become like family to me. How can I say no to that?
3. Wedding and booking season are on full throttle. In between photographing, editing, emails, and consultations, I understand there’s a brilliant light at the end of the tunnel, however, I vaguely see it. Actually, I don’t mind the tunnel quite that much. Being busy in a pile of work that I love makes me feel accomplished!
4. Every year, around this time of the year when the air starts cooling, signifying that the end is close by, I always contemplate how to improve my brand. One thing leads to another, often with restless nights on Pinterest scouring for new design ideas, and typically, I have an urge to re-brand my entire business. It’s a terrible itch that doesn’t go away. For now, thankfully that’s all it is, but only time can tell what will happen to my website and marketing material by the end of 2014!
5. Also, at least once a year I make an attempt to donate my time and talent towards a charitable cause. This year I was able to contribute twice! Please read here and here for more information about a few great causes I became involved in. If you know of a charity event in 2015 that is need of a volunteer photographer, please tell me more via email. I’d love to hear about it!
6. And finally, if you have read this entire blog post, thank you so much! This one’s for you. Several times a year, I have the idea of offering mini-sessions in time for the special holidays. Usually, I get too piled up with wedding work and the time just passes on by.
So here it is, finally, not promoted in any other form except these typed words here, as a way of saying thank you for being a devoted blog reader.
2014 Holiday Mini-Sessions for you and yours. | $250 | On-location (within the Tampa Bay Area only) | 25 minutes | 10 Edited High-Resolution Images with Copyright Release | 25 Holiday Cards with image of choice (can be substituted for two 8 x 10′s) | Online Gallery for Sharing and Printing
Book your mini-session today!